OUR PRIORITY IS YOU. LEARN MORE ABOUT WHAT WE’RE DOING TO KEEP YOU SAFE.
Our Priority is YOU. Learn more about what we’re doing to keep you safe.
Hawthorn Mall takes the health and safety of everyone who visits the mall very seriously, and we continually monitor and follow the guidance of public health and government officials.
Per the Governor of Illinois’ recent mandate, beginning Monday, August 30th Hawthorn Mall will be requiring all individuals to wear a face covering in the common area of the mall.
The “Face Coverings Required” clings will be re-installed at each entrance.
We are thrilled to welcome shoppers back inside the mall and to help prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus, have made an investment in the safety of our guests that goes well beyond the steps recommended by CDC guidelines.
New Health-Conscious Policies & Procedures
- All mall employees have been trained on proper COVID-19 safety and prevention guidelines.
- Through the use of dividers at entries and exits, the mall will direct traffic flow, allowing for social distancing of at least six feet as people enter and exit the center.
- Anyone experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 now or within the past 72 hours is asked to refrain from entering the shopping center.
- Helpful signage will remind shoppers to wear face coverings if not fully vaccinated, to continue social distancing, and to frequently wash or disinfect their hands.
- Janitorial staff will disinfect all high-touch common areas of the mall at regular intervals throughout the day, including restrooms, door handles, trash bins, and tables and chairs to name a few.
- Amenity upgrades include touchless hand sanitizers throughout the property, automatic door openers and physical partitions in restrooms. Additionally, Hawthorn has retrofitted traditional drinking fountains with automatic, touchless bottle fillers.
- Brand-new, cutting-edge UV sterilization equipment was added to escalator handrails offering greater than 99% efficacy in killing bacteria and viruses.
- Anti-microbial surface treatments are helping to kill germs in high-traffic areas throughout the center, these treatments are long-lasting and work continuously
- Our HVAC system now automatically adjusts air quality and temperature, uses MERV8 filters to remove hazardous airborne particles, and varies its outside air circulation to bring fresh air into the center.
- We have added commercial-grade Electrostatic disinfectant Sprayers that distribute a portfolio of Clorox disinfectants and sanitizers effective against a wide array of both bacteria and viruses.
Retail To Go Continues
A growing number of the center’s retailers and restaurants continue to offer “Retail To Go” services, allowing shoppers who place orders online or via phone to pick up their purchases curbside without exiting their vehicles; to learn which retailers and restaurants offer this service, please visit https://bit.ly/2Leo5VC
Hawthorn Mall has launched a new e-commerce platform called “Shop Now!” that will enable its customers to search all products and in-store inventories from select stores using the malls’ existing website. Shoppers can then decide if they prefer to use the tool to purchase online, request curbside delivery or simply pre-plan their in-person visit.
How You Can Help
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has reminded the public that there are measures each of us can take to help protect our own health and the health of those around us:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you are not feeling well or have a fever, stay safe at home.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Wear a face covering in public and at times when social distancing is not possible if not fully vaccinated.
- If you are sick with respiratory symptoms that resemble a cold or flu (i.e., fever, cough, shortness of breath), do not go to work or school or visit public places where you could spread potential illness.
For more information, we recommend you consult your own healthcare professional or visit one of these expert websites:
Centers for Disease Control (CDC): Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Situation Summary
World Health Organization (WHO): Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Outbreak
National Institutes of Health (NIH): Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Hawthorn Mall Management